Saturday, September 08, 2007

A Deaf Youth learn how to surf at Oceanside,CA



(Transcript)

Hello..

I want to share with you about Terrie Berdy and her family who came down to Oceanside from Riverside for surf lessons. Terrie contacted me last 3 week after we met at KODAWest event in Huntington Beach that her kids (Sean and Tyler) plus other youths and adults want to learn how to surf. We have been communicating through emails. They were learning how to surf while Terrie's husband, Scott were shooting video for SDDS.

I'm very pleased that Scott willing to shoot video for me while friends and I were giving lessons to the students. We helped the students by pushing them while they were on the soft surfboard so they could ride with the waves. I'm impressed with them that they were emulating from my help to their independent while waves were roughed.

Now, I will let you to view the rest of the video clip.




(Transcript)

Hello..

I want to introduce James Queen and he is deaf, surfing for long time, and photographer for us! He shoot lot of pictures and I selected few pictures to put on slide show. Also, you can view on MORE pictures after you see on the slide show . Any pictures that you might interested to purchase a picture to hang on the wall. here, his website is shaka Photography to check out his biography and gallery.

Now, I will let you to view the rest of the video clip.

Cheers,
JON

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jon,

Congratulations! This b/vlog is a good way of messaging to the people who are eager to learn about the surf!

Great job, Jon!

White Ghost

LaRonda said...

Jon,

Look what you've started!! You guys at SDDS are doing amazing things, reaching out to the deaf community, youth and families, to teach them about the joys of surfing! Having taken a lesson from you, personally, i know how much time you invest in teaching and the depth of your knowledge really impacts the would-be surfer. Thank you for all you do! You're a bright, shining star!

Thank you also for introducing us to the photos of James Queen! The slide show was wonderful!

~ LaRonda

Anonymous said...

Jon!

That is a great way to teach the deaf community, young deaf surfers, and even old deaf people to learn how to surf. I remembered when I went to Dune Beach in Northern California to surf a little and had a blast time. It was only a time I did with my friends! Hope someday I can meet u when I move to California soon.. Keep up and maybe I can learn from you . Smile

Rick M.

Jac said...

Wow! Really Impressive!

John Queen is doing a wonderful job with pictures!

Thumb-UP!

Gina said...

Hey Jon....looks like they're ready for Banzai Pipeline..smile...I'm sure there is a future Laird Hamilton in the bunch....nice work, as always. Gina